Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have just purchased a 2006 R Series with 42,000 on the clock

I have just purchased a 2006 R Series with 42,000 on the clock and very clean. I would like to fit the LED running lights now fitted on the later models ( via a pro electrician). Will this be possible?

Question Two:
I have seen Xenon conversion kits quite cheap on line.Is it possible to fit Xenon light via this conversion kit.
Thank You.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this -

As there has been a delay since you asked your question - please let me know if you do indeed still need help / advice with this -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi! Mike,

Thanks for the 'Grill Info'. Now re: the lights.I don't think it's possible to add Xenon lights to my earlier vehicle,so I was wondering the next best for the headlights.I am making enquiries with regard to changing the original bulbs throughout, and replacing LED bulbs to the rest of the car front and back.

Do you think this will be ok? The car has only 46,000 on the clock and is spotless, so I thought I would bring her up to late spec, (and let my mates think I was loaded)!!!

Best Wishes, Phil.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Phil -

Thank you for your reply..

You can go for the LED conversion - there are aftermarket kits - and you are best buying in kit form really as they come with the necessary resistors etc .. ( if you dont fit resistors for the indicator systems - or led's with in built resistors, the system will flash madly and not be right / legal... ) That was always a problem with retrofit LED's when they first came out - but they are much better now - and usually do come all " plug and play" pretty much.

Its hard for me to say which to go for ,for those and the running lights, there are different ones and nothing really to choose between them - I would just advise that its best to pay a bit more than less - for quality - light output and longevity of the LED's...

So yes , its a good move- it will look well to your mates -and everyone else ;)

Best is to do searches on line ( Google search ) for the best supplier - As for the headlights, you may need to ask on them -I dont know for sure what you have at the moment - but the HID ( usual ) are usually pretty good to be honest.. Let me know how you get on - I hope that helps some for you -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert