Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 2005 115 vito that has developed a strange

Customer Question

hi there
I have a 2005 115 vito that has developed a strange vibration it starts about 2500 rpm in 3rd gear but seems speed related not rev related.does this model have a dual mass flywheel and Is it possible that this is causing the vibration?
Paul
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is***** happy to help you with this..

I was going to ask if you had the auto or manual transmission.... If you have the manual, then yes, Dmf ( flywheel ) is the strong suspect there given what you have outlined..

Often they will cause such a vibration at idle too - though not always , it depends where on the actual unit the thing is going out of balance.

So yes - assuming that it is indeed engine speed related - not road speed... and all else has been checked such as engine/ transmission mounts - then the Dmf is the usual suspect that you will need to get checked / replaced..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.