Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My off side wing mirror indecater wont work i replaced with

Customer Question

My off side wing mirror indecater wont work i replaced with new one and it still wont work when i put it all back together when i put the heated mirror spades on the front and rear indecaters would not flash they both stayed on so i took the wires of the mirror and the started to flash again but the new one in the wing will not work.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this..

Can you please just tell me first if you have any fault codes at all , if so what they are?

Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, The car is not showing any faults at all and i do not have a machine to fined out if there are any is it posible there is a break in one of the cables to the wing mirror if so how can i trace it.

regards

Andy,

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi there Andy -

A common thing on these is to have chaffed / ripped wires in the door - to the mirror - or, where the wires go from teh body of the car- through to the door...

Check that as above - as that will cause this.

Other than that - if its not a wiring issue Andy - its a control , electronic issue - that will need plug in diagnostics for , to find the fault and then cure this for you . ( An MB garage is best for this to be really honest as they have the necessary equipment )

So check the wiring first as above ...thats the way forward on this one / the logical way to work forward. Let me know how you get on.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.