mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

C220CDI automatic gear box,intermittent when put into drive

Customer Question

C220CDI automatic gear box,intermittent when put into drive won't pull forward but then move gear stick back into drive then it can pull and excelerate ,but on occasion it won't pull forward.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist
you with your question today.

Are there any warning lights coming on at all?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No none
Ok, the issue that you are describing is a issue with the input shaft slipping inside the torque converter. There is a shaft that comes out of the transmission which inserts in the torque converter and makes the vehicle move. This is consistent with the shaft slipping because of worn splines which happens over time . To confirm this issue the vehicle needs to be hooked to a scan tool and test driven ,to correct this issue the input shaft would need to be replaced.