Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

faulty relay or switch is draining battery on my slk 320.anyone

Customer Question

faulty relay or switch is draining battery on my slk 320.anyone know exactly which relay.its one on the hydraulic roof mechanism .removing the hydraulics fuse stops the drain
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and welcome. My name is Marty. Can you tell me specifically which number fuse you are removing and where it is located?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

number 24 fuse in box under bonnet ondrivers side.

Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Ok, can you post your 17 digit vin number for me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wdb1704652f181736

Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Ok, fuse 24 powers the hydraulic unit in the trunk. You need to disconnect the hydraulic unit and see if your drain goes away. There should be nothing else that can cause a drain on fuse 24 except for a bad hydraulic unit. What's odd is that there should be no drain on that fuse unless the pump is running. The fuse powers a relay in the pump and should not have a current drain unless the pump is running. I'd go ahead and disconnect the pump and see what happens with your drain. The N10-3 multi-function control unit under the bonnet in the module box is what control the relay in the hydraulic unit. If the drain goes away with the hydraulic unit disconnected I would then disconnect the N10-3 and reconnect the hydraulic unit and see if you have a drain or not with the N10-3 disconnected. Looking at the diagram I would expect you to still have a drain. I've attached a picture of the N10-3 location below. If you have a RHD car the illustration will be reversed. Let me know if you have any questions.

Expert:  Shayne-cssm replied 4 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/mercedes/7pnlf-faulty-relay-switch-draining-battery-slk-320-anyone.html?ADDEDCHIP=F

Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.