Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

W211 E270CDI (2003). Inlet port shutoff motor stopped

Customer Question

W211 E270CDI (2003). Inlet port shutoff motor stopped working and car goes into limp mode. Asked dealership to replace motor which they have done today but still have the same problem. Is there a fuse for the inlet port shutoff motor and if so where is it located etc? I have previously run diagnostics which shows a fault code for the inlet port shutoff motor and now i'm at a loss

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer.

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this..

Please give me the vehilces Full reg number...

Too -what exactly have the dealers said since ?

Rgds, MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Vehicle registration SW03EVR.

I initially had an indie run diagnostics which showed fault code for inlet port shutoff motor x-y. After moving the linkage several times we could see the motor working while revving the engine but after a day the car was going back into limp mode. After moving the linkage several times again the motor would no longer operate and that is why I asked the local dealer to replace the motor. With the engine off I have checked the motor linkage and it moves freely. I have also checked all the fuses in the fuse box in the engine bay and they all test ok. Best Regards Mike

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Almost 24 hours and still no answer. Response to questions is supposed to be much faster according to your advertising. Cannot wait any longer and will have to book vehicle into garage.