Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

i have just changed a bulb in the dashboard of my slk r170

Customer Question

i have just changed a bulb in the dashboard of my slk r170 (2000) and now nothing works in the cluster it is though eveything is dead even the speedometer does not work ,At least the engine starts and runs ,one thing strange happens the cooling fan starts and runs straight away ,it appears as though it should reset
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, and welcome. My name is Marty. It sounds as though you may not have fully seated the connectors to the cluster. I would first check all of the fuses and make sure none are blown then I would remove the cluster and recheck the connections.

eurotec :

Fuse 3 and 37 power the instrument cluster.

eurotec :

Let me know if you need more help with this.