Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a CL500 Mercedes 2007 -the problem is there is no sound

Customer Question

I have a CL500 Mercedes 2007 -the problem is there is no sound from the Radio or the sat nav- on the display it comes up as no device available- This just happened when I stopped for petrol & when I returned to the car no device available came up-Can you help.
Frank |Martina
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I can wait for an answer
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi Frank, my name is Marty. I apologize for the wait. This problem may very well require that you get the vehicle connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check the configuration of the communication ring for the COMAND system. A fault with the software or with the audio gateway can cause this message. The only thing that you can try for this is disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few hours. When you remove the cable it will reset the system and will sometimes get everything working again. Aside from that the car will need to be connected to the Mercedes tester to check the problem.

Please let me know if you have any questions.