Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Ref C14 BOS SL 500A number of warning lights are

Customer Question

Ref C14 BOS SL 500 A number of warning lights are being displayed on my dash board ABS, brake warning light and temperature gauge not working. The car has been off the road for a year. I have checked these faults and they are all ok but I cannot get the fault lights to go off. Is there a sensor switch that I need to reset? Many thanks David XXXXX

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like you to continue to find a solution to my problem. However, you have stated that you require more information but do not state what this is. Please come back to me for details if required.

David Boseley

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. No further information is being requested at this time. Please note that the automatic header that indicates a message is waiting for you refers to messages, replies, or questions as requests for information whether or not a question is being asked. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Just seen you have been waiting for an extended amount of time and i have also noticed that many experts have checked your question .

Some may have felt the question could not be answered due to the fact on this issue you need to be at the car with a scan tool do do a few tests.

In your case with the SL500 to know what has malfunctioned is to have the car hooked up to a MB scan tool to check for malfunction codes .

This could be anything from a VSS vehicle speed sensor to a malfunctioning instrument cluster .but to know what has malfunctioned is to have the system read for malfunction codes .

This is your best option as just trying to repair on assumption could cost you a fortune .

Just to make this clear, there is no reset system unless the issue has been addressed and repaired, then the system can be reset and the lights will stay out , if they come back on then the codes will have to be reread and rechecked.

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box below.

Rgds Greg