Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my experia e is not working with handfree in merc sprinter

Customer Question

my experia e is not working with handfree in merc sprinter 313 van,the phone is connecting and dialing but no sound through handsfree.is paired with van and all contacts are working and dialing but just not working with hands free sound in van not working works ok with old phone a nokia C2 but not with the new one???? 

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i'm ok to wait for an answer am not back to work until Tuesday.....thanks kenny

Hello Kenny,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Kenny,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello Shantal,yes I would like an answer one way or other, even if we have to get new phones,so will just hang on until u find something out.....kenny

Hello Kenny,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for the right Professional to assist you.

Hello Kenny,

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello Kenny and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this... Sorry to see you have had a wait..

I have double checked on this re the compatibility issue for you with the Sony you have and there-in lies the problem Im afraid - The Experia is listed as having "limited compatibility" - which is why you get it working as much as you do - but not fully , ie, with the hands free etc..

Im afraid that until it comes fully compatible - which could be any time - to months / years ( literally if ever - as sometimes they don't ) -then its a case of either using it in its ltd form or as you say, using a different type of phone.

One word of caution - whatever the phone shop , if you are buying replacement , says re compatibility and even MB themselves - I recommend to physically test / check the phone for full compatibility first before buying - because we do get some cases where the phones are listed as fully compatible - but are not.

Im sorry its not particular good news as above for you but at least you know where you are at now / what the "problem" is...

They are continually updating phone compatibilities.....

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc... which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.