MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

the roof will not raise itself on my slk 350, the motors are

Customer Question

the roof will not raise itself on my slk 350, the motors are whirring and it raises the bootlid but nothing else happens. is there a manual release ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for any delay you have had getting an answer to your question.

The roof system is quite complex & will need checking on Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool to see what faults are stored. In many cases the fault is with one of many limit switches that are positioned around the roof & tell the control module the position of the roof at each stage of opening or closing. A check with STAR should reveal if this is the case & if so then which switch is at fault.

Hydraulic issues are another possibility.

There is an emergency roof closing procedure but it is quite difficult to perform on this model & Mercedes recommends that only Mercedes trained technicians perform this as expensive damage can occur if done incorrectly.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards, Paul