Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Mercedes 300TE 1990. I cannot find how to get the

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 300TE 1990. I cannot find how to get the back seat to fold down, I can flip the seat up, but not either of the back rests, it is a split back rest.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there ..Sorry for the delay

I see your question is a little aged and wondered if you still required any help with this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have received no response, no information, no help.

Yours is the first "response" with no answer!

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..Im sorry to see you had to wait so long...But just to make it clear I don't run the site..but only answer the questions as and when i can as i do run my own garage during the week.too im not the only expert/mechanic here.. ;)

However going back to your question - I do have picture of (W124) estate rear and have arrowed where the button is for folding down the rear back sections of the rear seats..have you checked there as of upto now if not then it maybe worth having alook there..Ive inc a photo below that maybe of help..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No there are no knobs anywhere in site, what you have sent is a much later model.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for getting back..

Yes by one year but same model s124/w124 - if you have the pre facelift of the w124 then they didn't change the location of the back release knob as far as I can tell..i do have other pic of the pre-facelifts of around 1989/90 and they both have that same knob as I arrowed above..so its strange yours doesn't seem to have that..if you could send a photo in then maybe see what set up you got in the back..? If not and these below dont help then i leave the question open and see if anyone else has any idea.