Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I changed the battery on my CLK and now the electric roof not

Customer Question

I changed the battery on my CLK and now the electric roof not working, it looks like a reset but I don't know where
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait. My name isXXXXX you replace the battery on the CLK convertible the power windows need to be synchronized before the top will work. To synchronize the window you need to press gently on the window switch until the window is all the way down and continue to hold the switch an additional 3 seconds. Repeat the procedure in the up direction. Do this for both windows and then make sure that the one touch express feature of the windows work. After synchronizing the windows your top should work. You should also make sure that the luggage cover is properly positioned in the trunk. If you continue to have problems you will most likely need to get the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to erase the low voltage fault codes in the soft top control module.

Please let me know if you have any questions.