MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

how do import phone book from iphone 4s to Mercedes c class

Customer Question

how do import phone book from iphone 4s to Mercedes c class 180 komp 2008
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

MBpaul :

Hi, this is a problem that we see quite a bit on Mercedes - officially there is no support to download the address book from your phone to your C Class. This is a limitation of the iphone and not the Mercedes system. The iphone does not support the standard business card transfer feature which the car needs to receive the contacts from your phone.

MBpaul :

There is however a work around which requires a pcmcia card adapter with an SD memory card - you will also need the full version of Microsoft office to transfer the contacts to your car

MBpaul :

First of all on your home computer you need to open iTunes and select "sync contacts with" and select outlook from the menu

MBpaul :

you need to the open Microsoft Outlook and go into the contacts tab

MBpaul :

you should see the contacts that were synced from your phone via itunes

MBpaul :

Right click on each contact in turn (you have to save each one individually)and select "message save"

MBpaul :

set the destination folder as your SD card

MBpaul :

ensure the format is vcard .vcf

MBpaul :

this will then save the contacts to the sd card

MBpaul :

on the front of your radio is a pcmcia card slot - insert the adapter with the SD card in here

MBpaul :

press the telephone hang up, 7 & 9 together to open the dealer menu on your radio

MBpaul :

select user data

MBpaul :

select read from pcmcia

MBpaul :

the data is written to the car

MBpaul :

Note - I have only tried this with COMAND vehicles - I am unsure if this is the same on audio 20 units

MBpaul :

I would also recommend the pcmcia adapter and SD card is a genuine Mercedes one as some non genuine cards are not compatible

MBpaul :

I know this is a bit of a long job but it is a workaround and the official answer is the transfer of contacts is NOT supported with the iphone!

MBpaul :

Best regards, Paul