Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Mercedes 814D 02 reg Highbarn Harrier Horse box, 106,000

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 814D 02 reg Highbarn Harrier Horse box, 106,000 km, and when I change between 3rd and 4th gear the transmission judders until the revs rise. Is this something I should be concerned about, something I can replace to solve the problem. or should I just ignore it. Regards. John.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello John,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please let me know what additional information you require and I will reply asap. Your early response would be appreciated. Regards. John Hebard.

Hello John,

No further information is required at the moment. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello John,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue. Regards. John.

Hello John,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.
Hi, at what engine rpm is it occurring at? Where do you feel the judder? Through your bottom or the steering wheel or?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As you change from 3rd to 4th gear at about 35mph. The judder is through your bottom as the whole vehicle vibrates until you accelerate out of the judder zone. John.

What rpm range would you say the judder is between?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry no idea. The vehicle is not at home and I will not see it again for some time. All I remember is that the judder occurs as you change from 3rd to 4th gear within the green zone on the dashboard dial and disapears as you accelerate. Regards John.