Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member

My 2007 Class volumtric alarm does not set when locked with

Customer Question

My 2007 Class volumtric alarm does not set when locked with the remote key. How can I set it please?
The car is a C220 CDI avante garde estate.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I can wait a bit longer. I have booked the car in to let someone profesional take a look.

It is a very simple question. Is there a fault or is there a set up problem.

If the former it must go to a MB garage.

If the latter, then how do I reset it?

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Do you have the 203 body (the one from 2002 till 2007), or the 2004 body (that starts in 2007)?
How do you know that the volumetric sensor is not working?
Get back to me on these, and i will get your detailed description of the system, and the manual procedures to program/reset (if there any procedures for your exact system)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried to send you a photograph but I can't do that on this site.

The car was first registered in 2007. I do not know what body style it is, how can I tell?

I lft the window open by mistake. The alarm did not go off. I could reach in and open the door. No alarm just the hazards flashers.

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

If you can send the chassis number (VIN) i can know which body style you have.

Sometimes the volumetric sensor is set less sensitive so the alarm does not trigger whenever a fly passes by.
However, you can try getting in the vehicle, and the alarm should be triggered. A person getting in, is the threshold for the volumetric sensor.

If it does not trigger, then you need to have the vehicle connected on to a diagnostics computer, to activate, change the sensitivity or replace the volumetric sensor, as necessary. The best scan tool (diagnostics computer) for your model is the star scan tool, which is available to dealers, and most MB specialists (not necessarily dealers).

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...

Regards, Billy