dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

hi , i was cut off before. the dash light for the glow plug

Customer Question

hi , i was cut off before. the dash light for the glow plug stays on . i have changed the plugs for new merc ones
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, That's oaky, I can wait a litte longer. added info- found out that this problem seems to have started when the previous owner ran out of fuel an d kept turning the engine with-out bleeding. hope this helps.

Thank you for providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

Hi could I have more information please?

are you saying that you put the key in the ignition and nothing will happen?

Does the car turnover? is the dash board lighting up?

also you say the previous owner ran out of fuel have you seen the car start up and run?

more info please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi, sent reply , but incase you did vnot get ..>>> dash light for glow plugs stays on when engine running . engine starts and runs fine. change glowplugs for new merc ones. checked for loose wires ect. told light started to stay on when previos owner ran out of fuel. he then turned engine over to draw fuel without bleeding first. going for mot and told this would be a fail

hi thanks for the update

In that case it can be 3 things

1. plugs you have already done

2. the glow plug relay

3. corrosion on an earth cable

I would think if not plugs its the relay, plugging into star diagnosis or Mercedes diagnosis would actually determine which one