Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My Mercedes 320 ML has a Right Brake Light failure showing

Customer Question

My Mercedes 320 ML has a Right Brake Light failure showing with the secondary lights on.
Both brake lights have been changed although the two rem0ved are ok. I have searched the handbook and the itemised fuse list and cannot identify any fuse or component that may be at fault. Can you help?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, my name is Marty. It is not uncommon for the main connector to the rear lamps to corrode or burn and cause a poor connection to the lamps. I would disconnect and inspect the multi-plug connection to the rear lamps and see if there is signs or poor contact. There are no replaceable fuses in the circuit. The circuit is internally fused in the rear signal acquisition module. I've also seen water get to the rear signal acquisition module and cause problems but I would inspect the lamp connectors first.

eurotec :

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this problem.