Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Vito van that has had a new ECU fitted the van has

Customer Question

I have a Vito van that has had a new ECU fitted the van has gone into limp mode and will only rev to 3000, how do I fix this and what would the cost be
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

First if the Van has gone into limp mode then you have a stored malfunction code in the management system .
Now all you have to do is hook up a scan tool to check for malfunction codes
from the codes you will then know what has to be checked, tested and repaired or replaced.

Just thinking with you having a new ECM fitted did the shop do all the adaptive resets like the throttle system .

You will need the Merc dealership scan tool to do this for you, and also checked for malfunction codes just to see if you have other issues .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg