MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

iv got a mercedes a150 58 plate and iv got a bad smell inside

Customer Question

iv got a mercedes a150 58 plate and iv got a bad smell inside the car, iv had it valleted a few times but the smell is still there. it smell like someone has been sick inside but there is no trace of anything like that. any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

A problem like this is very difficult to say for sure without actually experiencing the smell and to try to see where it is coming from.

A common problem we see however is with bacteria build up on the Air Conditioning evaporator in the heater housing behind the dash.

This can be cured by spraying a special antibacterial agent into the heater intake which will kill the bacteria growth and neutralize the smell. It is actually quite a common problem.

You can get products over the shelf to do this but I would recommend a good trade product from a garage (we use Wurth products) as some of the cheaper products you can buy in shops is not very good and not very effective!

I would try this in the first instance as this is a quick job and the most common problem by far.

Let me know if you need anything else

Best regards, Paul