Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Hello, I own a 2006 ML320 Sport and the command system has

Customer Question

Hello, I own a 2006 ML320 Sport and the command system has developed some faults. occasionally it will turn off on its own and more recently only the steering wheel controls will operate with none of the buttons on the main unit working.

Can you recommend any companies who are able to repair faults with the command unit?

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Shantal,

Yes, i am happy to wait for your response if you need more time.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes that is fine. thank you.

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

First, and before replacing the unit, you should try reprogramming it. MB dealer or MB specialists should be able to delete the old program and install a new one (maybe even an updated version).
And if that does not sort out the issue, you can check: bba-reman.com (give them a call) and they should be able to fix your existing unit.

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy