Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi i have a v220cdi. about 6 months ago my vehicle went into

Customer Question

hi i have a v220cdi. about 6 months ago my vehicle went into limp.i checked the oil and the level was off the scale. i got it recovered and its sat for 6 months due to lack of finances and me thinking it was head gasket. someone told me that if an injector leaks it can fill the sump with diesel. so i reasoned if its water itll run out if i open drain plug, if its diesel it ll be runny and perhaps smell of diesel, no water ingress but the oil is almost jellified. any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I subscribed because Im looking for any help I can get. so yes please. could it be a problem if mineral and synthetic oils have both been used?

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Is it jellified, like getting very thick, and glossy, or is it muddy like?