MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have had a black series conversation to my late 2012 C63

Customer Question

I have had a black series conversation to my late 2012 C63 estate. Front rear bumpers changed as part of up grade. My sensors in bumpers are not working properly. Front ones the red leds come up straight away when going in garage no amber working. My mirror sensor on passenger side for blind assist when indicator used for that side the triangle goes red when nothing there. Drivers side works OK. Cable and connections has been re- checked but no fault found. Could you please advise
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

MBpaul :

Hi - if all of the connectors have been checked then I would suspect that one of the sensors is faulty - this is quite a common failure & the lights going straight into the red on the display is an indication that a fault code is stored.

MBpaul :

To pinpoint the problem you will need a diagnostic tool such as Mercedes STAR - a test of the parktronic system will tell you what faults are in the system & if a sensor is faulty it will pinpoint which sensor is at fault

MBpaul :

due to the age of the vehicle if no damage has been caused during the bumper swap procedure then this should be covered under warranty

MBpaul :

Best regards, Paul