Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member

HiI have a mercedes sprinter van.Had a situation about

Customer Question

I have a mercedes sprinter van.

Had a situation about 6 months ago where the wrong fuel was placed in the van. We have had quite a few problems since. Recently when driving the vehicle it just stopped working. could not get it started. Gave it to a mechanic to fix, he thought it was the injector when trying to remove it he broke it. Not sure what he did but it started to work, drove it about 80 miles yesterday, no problem, but tried to drive it today and it would not start. We tried to start it using easy start but it will start and then cut out again.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

If the injector is damaged, it would most certainly cause a no start. And since with easy start, the engine is firing, then it is a fuel problem.

So the first thing fro now, would be checking/replacing the injector.

Kindly get back to me with your findings, so we proceed accordingly, until the van is fully functional.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi billy the van starts with the easy start now but cuts out within 10 secs what does that mean
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Given the sequence of events you described, to me it means that the van is firing, however, not on diesel from the van. I would first get to the injectors.... however, you can try bleeding the system, but even if this works, having a problem with the injector, means that you will soon have problems again.

So i would check the injectors, replace as necessary, bleed, and then test the vehicle.

Kindly get back to me with your findings, or if further details are needed, so we proceed accordingly.