Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My key will not turn in the lock of Mercedes sprinter 311 what

Customer Question

My key will not turn in the lock of Mercedes sprinter 311 what do I do? It was working fine until now! Help please! Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this.. Sorry to see your question was listed in the early hours hence the delay Im afraid -

The issue here is usually a mechanical one with this type of vehicle - check carefully to see if the key itself has any damage - and too in any event , try your spare. If that is the case - either / or, that will cure it - and of course you may need a new key-

If its neither as above, then the lock itself is usually the fault - often a couple of quick squirts down the barrel will help / and usually cure it - as they get gummed inside..so try that. Insert the tip of the key first - so as to open the dust cover in the lock - then use the spray - dont use too much.. just a couple of quick spurt and retry it... Hopefully that will do it for you - but if not it will have to be investigated further for if its a mechanical issue or electrical (security system) needing attention -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.