Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

I drive a B200 and find I have no spare tire. Having enquired

Customer Question

I drive a B200 and find I have no spare tire. Having enquired of a Mercedes showroom what I should do in the event of a puncture. There first question was, where did you get your car? As if not from us therefore not our business. I explained from Mercedes and I wanted an answer. I was told to keep on driving until I got somewhere to fix it. Does this mean all garages stock these tyres? I could also buy a foam kit to be blown into the tyre to fix it temporarily. How fast do I drive after I have done my DIY with something I have paid for. They also suggested I give Mercedes a ring and they could pick me up as the car is still in warranty. Any idea which number I ring and what do I do when it is out of warranty if the tyre is shredded. Do I have to lift the car to do the home repair as there does not seem to be a jack. As a woman driving on her own I have enough worries without being fearful of a puncture and what to do
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

Some of these will be equipped with "run flat tyres" this means you can still drive on the defective tyre if a puncture has occurred as the run flat tyres have stiffen tyre walls to cope with that..and you can still drive the car at reduced speed to a tyre centre who should be able to acquire the tyre if applicable as repairing these "puncture wise" aren't usually done- cars without run flat tyres should have an emergency tyre sealant kit within the boot - this inc the electric pump which is powered by your cigarette lighter socket and sealant bottle which runs in tandem with the electric pump to pump the sealant in aswell as pump the tyre up - once up then you need to drive the car forward and then back to allow the sealant to spread inside the tyre and hopefully seal the leak..obviously this wont work if the tyre has blow out or a large rupture in which having a note or phone number of tyre centre such as kwik fit or similar will have mobile units that can come out to assist..these cars wont generally come with jacks nor tyre levers if they have either of the above unless you have a space saver tyre - of course you can check within the stowage well under the boot floor and see if you have tyre sealant kit if not then you will likely have run maybe able to know this by "MOExtended" marking which appears on the tyre wall..maybe have look and see if that's on the tyre - if so then you have run flat tyres..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or included anything then just continue..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What number do I ring on for Mercedes support ?
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

I would believe there maybe details of which in your owners maybe something to double check on - failling that then the For Roadside Assistance in the UK, 00800 1 777 7777 - phoning that number maybe able to give you more details on what they provide/costing etc..I do hope this helps further

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Do you require any further help?
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

I see you have viewed your answer recently.and just wondered if you required any further help?

If you need to follow up or ask anything else ? then you are always more than welcome too and continue on the same question should you need to ask anything else..