Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My 2009 CLK 35 AMG has an intermittant fault with the radio.

Customer Question

My 2009 CLK 35 AMG has an intermittant fault with the radio. The sound cuts out and is replaced by white noise. Other Command functions; CD, mapping etc. work fine.
Any thoughts?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this issue...

This is usually a fault - internally with the radio / set itself Im afraid - but the wiring to it / the earths and the antenna circuit , earths should be checked first. Too - the cabling to the antenna and it itself should be checked. Its not uncommon to have such wiring issues - or a faulty antenna.

If the wiring / antenna faults are ruled out, then with some of these, Mercedes would replace the radio sert when they experience this issue - but they treat each case on its own merits -

Before doing anything yourself- it would be worth asking MB locally about this - as they wont be happy to replace it foc could it come to that if anyone has worked on it - so do that first...

Other than that - wiring issues etc as above - If they will not change it for you - if then confirmed, you would either have to locate a radio repair specialist ( there are many online )..and have it repaired - or some opt to just replace it with one , a 2nd user one from a written of vehicle - again.. it would then be a case of searching on line - salvage yards etc.

But do ask at MB locally first - its always worth a try --- and then go from there.

Im very glad to have helped..let me know if there is anything else - you are welcome to ask me -

Please do click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me now please now at this point as thats how Im credited for my time etc helping you .. Thank you in advance for that .

Kind Rgds , MIKE.