Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi, I have a UK A 160 CDi classic reg June 2007 variant X20GL2

Customer Question

Hi, I have a UK A 160 CDi classic reg June 2007 variant X20GL2 version GJACA500, which I need to export to France where I will be living. A Merc "specialist" said I need to buy European headlights, my local Merc dealer doesn't know if the lights can be adjusted to meet French CT (=t MOT). Please advise, Many thanks, Chris
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this.

Please check below -for the instructions you need... it refers to both types of headlamps as fitted. -Nb - please ignore the following "images" - they are not for any purpose - its just the way the info transfers into justanswer.

Turn protective cap anti-clockwise and remove it.
Push switch-over lever down.
Insert protective cap and turn it clockwise.

Vehicles with Intelligent Light System

Before crossing the border, set the headlamps to symmetrical dipped beam and after returning back to asymmetrical dipped beam via the "Dipped-beam headlamps for driving on the right/left" function in the on-board computer.

For a pic to go with the above instructions - click HERE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

You need now to click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.