Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I HAVE A DEAD BATTERY ON MY 2002 S CLASS, THE BOOT LOCK HAS

Customer Question

I HAVE A DEAD BATTERY ON MY 2002 S CLASS, THE BOOT LOCK HAS BEEN CHANGED AT SOME TIME, SO I CANT GET INTO THE TRUNK
ALSO IS THERE A FUSE FOR THE TRUNK LOCK
WHERE CAN I FIND A POINT TO JUMP START THE CAR FROM THE ENGINE
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX order to jump start the car you will need to raise the car and remove the under paneling below the motor and connect your positive jumper cable directly to the starter. A better option is to access the fuse block under the floor on the right front of the car and place your positive jumper cable there and connect your negative cable to the chassis then use your remote or trunk switch to open the trunk to access the battery. Click here for a video of the procedure on a left hand drive car. Your fuse block should be in approximately the same location on the right side of the vehicle. You will need to remove the floor carpet and any covers to access the fuse block. Let me know how you make out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have removed the plate , but there are no contacts under it

Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

Hi, did you remove the passenger side plate or the driver's side plate? If you have a right hand drive car I believe you need to remove the driver's side plate.