Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Hi I have a 500 sl 1986 all central locking works except passenger

Customer Question

Hi I have a 500 sl 1986 all central locking works except passenger door can u help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Marty. for this problem you are going to need to remove the passenger side door panel to check the vacuum element in the door and also the linkage. What often happens on the SL is the linkage comes loose and even though the vacuum element is working it does not pull the linkage.If the rest of the system is working the problem should be confined to a fault in the passenger door. Click here for instructions to remove the door lining. Please let me know if you need further assistance.