Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a C180 Manual.After the radiator blew up (fitted new

Customer Question

I have a C180 Manual.After the radiator blew up (fitted new parts) the idle speed runs to high,checked the throttle wiring,seems o.k. Can you help. This is my email address [email protected]
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE- Im happy to help you with this..

When you say the radiator "blew up" -- what was the cause of that -- and has that issue been sorted?

Do you have any fault codes ? Has that been checked?

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Please let me know if you still require any assistance or if you would like me to close your question.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike.The Mercedes Forum do not know what couses the radiators to blow up(damageing the bonnets).I fitted new rad,and cap,+thermostat(the old statt was missing,perhaps because of overheating due to the viscous fan not working?) I took scanner readings and the only code that came up was 021idle speed cont in limp home mode.I cleaned the throttle housing and checked the wiring loom,idle speed was still 1400rpm. I turned my attention to the coolant temp sensor,the wiring has started to deteriorate but I do,nt think this is the problem. The fault with the idlespeed only started after the radiator blew up. I hope you can help with this one? Regards TONY.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Tony -

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay.

I would suspect that as you say, the system over pressurised and blew the top because of that - simply that.
Some actually had faulty expansion tanks - and that was the cause...

As to your idle speed issues Tony, you will need to rectify the issues with the wiring as you have mentioned - and I suggest also to give the inside of the throttle body a good thorough clean.

After that if its still not right - then I suspect a faulty ECT ( temperature ) sender - which controls the Ecu -- renew that and Im sure that will sort this for you..
That will also cure your idle issues if they persist -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime, I do need you now to click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you