mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

how easy is it to remove seat covers on cls to fit retro seat

Customer Question

how easy is it to remove seat covers on cls to fit retro seat heating pads, is the actual leather glued to the foam base or can they be parted in order to slip in the carbon heating pad on the kit I am looking at buying?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi that's fine please continue to establish an answer, to summarise I have a 2007 CLS 320 (leather) without heated front seats, from doing a google search you can fit merc heated seats but it would appear that you need the dash switch, loans and heated pads fro the seats.

There are aftermarket heated seat kits (ebay) which will do the job, they come with switches, repays pads etc.

Question is I would need to remove the seats and strip down the covers to put the new heated pad on, but if the merc cover comes attached to the foam base/back I will not be able to fit the heating pads directly under the leather cover so they work.

Any more info please email

regards

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The seats in your vehicle are not designed to have the leather removed,this is because the leather is glued and secured to the foam of the seat.When the leather is damaged on these seats there is either a leather covering over the existing leather or the seat is replaced.So to answer your question trying to do this will damage the seats.