mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi,i have a merc ckl 2.7 cdi (auto) which i have brought a

Customer Question

hi,i have a merc ckl 2.7 cdi (auto) which i have brought a few month ago and all was ok,it starts great on the first turn in the morning and run's well(when cold and most times warm), until a week ago! the problem as happened 3/4 times and i dont know what this may be,on a straight road it's sound and go's well even at some roundabouts,but the problem seams to happen when pulling to some roundabouts when slowing down to it when suddenley the car stalls and all lights on the dash come up! once this has happened i turn the key and keep my foot down on the accelearator and about 15 to 30 seconds after the car starts and it's is ok! there is no faults coming up on the dash!!! the speed dial does seam to move a fraction when on tick over(stand still) it seams to happen when the engaine is worm,the temp is normal and not over heating! is this a heater plug/ injector or a lose wire on a sencor or some sort of filter problem? (dont know when the filter was changed, i want to start from the cheapest option first unless you have come accross this problem before advices me, sorry about the spelling mistakes, but it's a great looking car and this put's me off a bit and winds me up! any suggestions that it may be! am not bad with cars but with this being a mercedes am not to sure what this could be! your help would be very helpful! regards steve
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are having is consistent with a fuel restriction and this is likely not a major problem. On these vehicles the most common reasons that this happens is a restricted fuel filter or the sprayers on the fuel injectors are becoming restricted with carbon build up. What I would suggest as a first step is to change the fuel filter and add a additive to the tank to clean out the injectors and this will likely solve this problem that you are having.