mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a mercedes vito(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhen driving all the warning

Customer Question

Hi I have a mercedes vito(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhen driving all the warning lights are coming on intermitently this is not affecting the driving of the van ,other times its usually the engine light or the esp light but now all speedo and rev counter going haywire any ideas .
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are describing combined with the speedometer and rev counter going haywire is a indication that the vehicle speed sensor for the gearbox is starting to electrical fail which also turns on these lights. This is a fairly common issue and the fix is to replace the speed sensor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I took van to garage yesterday while waiting for your reply , they brought it back last night said it was a bad earth on ECU , drove this morning exactly the same dash lights flashing speedo and rev counter haywire so taking it back today , should I mention what you have said regarding speed sonsor ?

Regards John

Yes this issue is most likely a failed speed sensor,this needs to be checked next , thank you.