Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, I have a CDI C220 Hatchback Registered LS55... is there

Customer Question

Hi, I have a CDI C220 Hatchback Registered LS55... is there an electrical restart button? It's started generating "malfunctions" - One of the headlights is dipped, one of the rear parking lights is now off
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

there's no reset per se but if you remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Colin

do you need any more help with this one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Forgive me Matt I'm now away on holiday for a week. I'll have a look at a resolution when I get back. I appreciate the help so far. Cheers

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
No problem Colin

just get back to me on this post