Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

mercedes s320 cdi

Customer Question

Hi I have a mercedes s320 cdi 2001 and the 60 amp fuse under the drivers side front carpet keeps blowing so I end up with no ignition lights etc etc would this be a starter motor or alternator issue ?
Also where does the two red wires go to from the EIS

Kind Regards
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alan,

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you .

Can you please tell me if you have any diagnostic results for this issue thus far - ?

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Sorry for late the late reply. i have no diagnostic has there is no power.

turn key to 2 position no ignition lights etc I've changed the 60 amp fuse turn key get ignition lights then fuse blows again.cannot turn engine over..i'm trying to get hold a wiring diagram for my car but no luck.

Hope to hear from you soon

Kind Regards

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again Alan -

I do apologise Alan - - the truth is Ive been struggling with an illness this last few weeks so Ive struggled to get back to you - I do apologise.

Im back now - as you can see...! - so lets progress with this ..

Just before we do - Can you give me the cars FULL reg number please..

Rgds, MIKE.............................