Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My Mercedes

Customer Question

My Mercedes 190E (Year 1990) dies on me whilst driving without any shuddering, or any sign it is going to stop. When I turn the ignition to restart it starts straight away and I continue my journey but half a mile on it does it again. I have put it in a garage but they cannot find any fault. They have replaced the pump relay, they have also checked the fuel filter and cleaned it, but it still continues to die on me. Spark plugs have been checked also. Please help.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

Marty :

Hi, my name isXXXXX you give me the history of this problem?

JACUSTOMER-yzd3677v- :

I have had very little trouble with my car for the 12 years I have had it until now, other than it overheating and a new was needed, which was three years ago.

Marty :

Ok, so the car is used regularly and has just suddenly started to cut out randomly, is that correct?