Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My key fob wont programme to my 2001 ml 270

Customer Question

My key fob won't programme to my 2001 ml 270
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There is syncronization procedure you can try if you havent done so already :- Turn ignition switch to position 2 / Turn ignition switch to position 0 and remove your key / Within the 1 minute period - press and hold the key lock button , press the unlock button 5 times / remote should now operate system - if not then try going through the procedure again.if it still fails then fault will normally be with the actual key in itself in regards to signalling faults not being picked up etc or received ..... Normally on these cars any new keys or keys to be added or programmed as such have to be done on Diagnostic equipment mercedes specific usually - unless you have good local auto locksmith with desired equipment to do that for you and test the keys are actually working..I do hope this helps