Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Viano - rear air bags not filling - fuses ok - cannot locate

Customer Question

Viano - rear air bags not filling - fuses ok - cannot locate really
2008 yr of manufacture - where is control unit ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Stan replied 4 years ago.
The control unit is located at the back of the van on the passenger side either below the light unit or behind the right rear paneling. If the unit detects incorrect resistance of the valve unit or compressor- it will not actuate anything besides the warning light in the cluster.
I suggest to check the resistance of the valve unit and compressor.
Also, the system will activate only after deleting the fault codes in the control unit.
Regards,
Stan