mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2008 ML320; the amber warning light has come on and RPM now

Customer Question

2008 ML320; the amber warning light has come on and RPM now restricted to about 3000. Am told there's a flapper valve or similar that's malfunctioning. Can you be specific as I intend to have a look myself ?
Stan
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this is indeed consistent with the flap arm that is causing this issue.There are 3 actuators on the intake manifold that have a plastic arm on each actuator that moves up and down.These plastic arms have a habit of breaking which results in the issue that you are having.The problem is to repair this the intake manifold has to be replaced and with the intake manifold installed the actuators are very difficult to see.