Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi is it possible to replace the front coil spring top cup

Customer Question

hi is it possible to replace the front coil spring top cup support welded on chassis. c class? thanks.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE..

Im a little unsure what it is you are needing to do exactly -
What is the problem you have - ? Can you please clarify for me - then I can help you --

Best Rgds, MIKE>...................................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, vehicle is C-class, W-reg, 2000. The front offside coil spring support cup has corroded and has released the coil spring which is now loose. Is it possible to grind off the old one and replace it by welding with a new fabricated part? Is there a fabricated part available?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Question was asked two days ago. I need an answer quickly please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am still waiting for a response. I have sent emails to Mike (unavailable) and also to all other Mercedes technical folk, but had not response. I have twice been asked to leave feedback, but not done so, as I have not had an adequate response. I understand that my initial query seemed unclear to you, and sent a follow up. I would like to know whether there is a weldment available for the top cup front coil spring, so that it can be repaired. I would appreciate your earliest consideration, since this query is now several days outstanding, and my car undrivable. Thank you.