mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I HAVE A C220 2003 ESTATE, THE REAR WIPER HAS STOPPED WORKING.I

I HAVE A C220 2003 ESTATE, THE REAR WIPER HAS STOPPED WORKING.I HAVE GOTPOWER TO THE SWITCH BUT THE WIPER DOES NOT WORK.CAN YOU HELP PLEASE.
THANK YOU.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Does the rear wiper attempt to move at all and can you hear any noises?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI MIKE. SORRY I HAVE BEEN AWAY. NO YOU CANT HEAR ANY NOISE AT ALL AND THE WIPER DOES NOT ATEMPT TO MOVE. HOPE THIS HELPS NOW THAT THE WEATHER IS GETTING NO BETTER, CHEERS . IAN

If there is power to the switch this eliminates a relay or a fuse as the motor and switch work off of the same power source.The issue that you are having is consistent with the rear wiper motor failing and needs to be replaced.This can fail with out warning.
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.