mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 58 plate C200 Sport Kompressor Estate with Sat Nav.

Customer Question

I have a 58 plate C200 Sport Kompressor Estate with Sat Nav. For some reason the spinning Sat Nav knob by the gear stick wont allow the map scale to be altered or move curser across the screen. Can you please assist?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are you getting any kind of error message?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No error message. It is just the spinning function that doesn't work. It is only a real issue with the map scale as it is stuck at 0.2 mile and you can't zoom in or out

Ok this issue normally happens because there is a fault with the screen of the system. I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue before. In some cases the screen has to be replaced and other cases the system can be reset. To reset the system you can remove both negative and positive battery cable ends and leave disconnected for 10 minutes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is disconnection the battery to reset the system the same as the reset on the actual screen choice? Interestingly, I've just found that the voice recognition allows the map to be zoomed in or out!!

No the disconnecting of the battery is considered a hard reset of the system and is different than on the screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've taken a quick look in the engine compartment but can't see where the battery might be? Can you advise

The battery on these vehicles is located in the boot and sometimes under the rear seat,most of the time in the boot.