mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi, ive got a 2006 a class 2 litre diesel automatic, when i

Customer Question

hi, ive got a 2006 a class 2 litre diesel automatic, when i first start its fine but after a few miles i get a malfunction warning that the rear brake lights out and when at rest and in park the gear stick will not move, sometime but not that often there is a massive loss of power whilst moving, you can still drive but when you put your foot down , nothing. if i turn the ignition off and restart every things fine again until a few miles?? a freind says its the ecu, is this correct?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is a electrically failure to the brake pedal switch that is located on the brake pedal arm,this is a common failure.