mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My Merc 230 clk compressor elegence year 2000, wont coem out

Customer Question

My Merc 230 clk compressor elegence year 2000, wont coem out of park position, It has been stood awhile although did drive ok before I parked it, I warmed the car up, but still teh same
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failed brake safety switch which is located on the brake pedal arm.When the switch fails the vehicle will not come out of park.To correct the issue the switch has to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi is they anyway i can get at this switch to move the car?

Sometimes disconnecting the negative and positive battery cables for 5-10 minutes will reset the switch so that it will come out of park to drive to a garage.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks mike, I will take a look tomorrow, and see what I can do although I forgot to say I had the battery only + terminal disconnected already while it was stood,, I will try again tomorrow will let u know cheers in advance. Hope it works as im booked on holiday next week.

Thank you.If the battery disconnecting does not work the sensor will have to be replaced in order to get the vehicle out of park.Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive and I will continue to help you if you need further help.