Hello, I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for helping out,
The answers to your questions are:
- Yes we've flushed the engine at the beginning hoping that it would clear the problem
- Didn't work, so we took the engine apart, cause we also suspected that it might have a bad head gasket as it was loosing cooling fluid
- Anyway, we've cleaned it inside out, cleaned all the oil passages
- Put the engine back together
- Run the engine still noise and lifters wont pump up
- we have oil coming all the way up to the lifters, but still they do not pump up
- I don't understand what you mean by compressing the lifters?
- But as I was thinking again, I have a question, on the inside of the rocker arm, where the lifter sits in, should there be a groove around the circumference for the oil to flow around the lifter, so that oil would go inside the lifter at any position cause the lifter does rotate, I think that this might be what we have missed, probably its full of sludge, so solid that whoever is cleaning it thought its normal without a groove. I'll try to send you a drawing to explain my question, hope this helps,
Her is the drawing