mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

The problem i have is my instrument gauges have stoped working

Customer Question

The problem i have is my instrument gauges have stoped working on my 1998 Mercedes Vito,it began with the fuse blowing which i changed several times but now the fuse hasnt blown and they dont work. Does anyone know what i should be checking next?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is with the instrument cluster itself,the cluster circuit board was electrically shorting which is what was blowing the fuse.To correct this issue the instrument cluster has to be rebuilt or replaced.I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue before on these vehicles.