Christine-cssm
Christine-cssm,
51872716

windscreen wipers park off centre of windscreen instead of

Customer Question

windscreen wipers park off centre of windscreen instead of the drivers end.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE... Im happy to help you .

The usual fault when this occurs, is that the nuts that hold the wiper arm/s to the drive spindles have worked loose - so you need to check those.

Its not at all unusual for both to happen at the same time - so do just check - you will need a spanner to check the tightness.... If they are found to tighten, position the wipers by moving them manually to the correct positions - then lock the nuts tight.

If thats not the issue , then the fault is either with a bad connection on the multi connector to the wiper motor ( which would be the self park circuit )..or, a fault with the wiper motor itself ( the self park circuit inside )

So in that case- check the connections to the wiper motor - unplug / check / clean - give a good wiggle to get a good connection - and retry them. If that cures it, thats that. If not - then the fault is as I mentioned - in the motor. Unless you could find someone to do a strip / repair ( which is unusual theses days to be honest ) then the answer is replacement usually. I would advise to have the circuit professionally before anything else at that stage / should you arrive at that stage - there have been the off occasions where the actual switch is at fault- that is somewhat rare - but I mention it just in case- and so should be checked as above then / at that point.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.

The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.