mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, I have been told that I have a faulty block heater on my

Customer Question

Hi, I have been told that I have a faulty block heater on my Mercedes c200 2004. As I can't afford to get it replaced now the mechanic said I could just unplug it for now. I have the car up on ramps and the sump shield off. I have unplugged what I thought looked like it could be the heater plug but still I get quiet a large splash when touching the battery terminal to the battery. My question is have I unplugged the heater. It was a small black plug on a small black box on the under side of the sump. I think! Any ideas?
Andy.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing you have unplugged the correct harness and have disconnected the block heater.