Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi, Brake lights stuck on. ESP BAS ABS warnings. Vehicle is

Customer Question

Brake lights stuck on. ESP BAS ABS warnings. Vehicle is a w463 G400cdi 2003 and it is mainly W203 based electronics. Any Ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help -

The first thing to check with this type of fault is the brake light switch - sometimes you can see its faulty or broken...sometimes they fall out of place and that will do this... so check that.. If its not looking faulty in any way - it would be an idea to replace it.. Its a common failure issue -and again, that will cause all that you have.

IF that doesn't cure it - then I really would have to advise having the diag checks done but with the STAR equipment this time - general / aftermarket equipment - even some good ( not cheap) garage equipment will struggle on these sometimes...so , try the brake light switch first ( up by the pedal ) and then go from there as above.

Just to mention - you say you had a weak battery - that in itself can cause it to log all manner of fault codes - they need deleting, the car running - and then re reading as above- you know then that any - if any, are there then, are current and not caused by that battery issue.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.